Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My Latest Letter To City Council

I guess being they never respond I'll just have to post my letters online. This latest in in response to the news that Greensboro has chosen to develop sites outside of the city limits with Roy Carroll's site among them and no companies lined up for any of the sites anywhere inside or outside of the city limits.

Speculative Development


N&R April 27th 2012: "Greensboro Councilwoman Marikay Abuzuaiter said she supported the $10 million economic development bond in the hope that every project assisted would be built within the city limits.

“I would be against anything that wasn’t right in the city limits,” she said.

Councilwoman Nancy Vaughan agrees.

“At this point, I’ve got some concerns. There has to be something in it for the city of Greensboro,” Vaughan said.

“I’d also like to see what our inventory of properties are within the city limits and see how we can work with those properties.”


I expect the entire Council to look out for all of Greensboro just as Vaughn and Abuzuaiter have done and believe speculative development outside of the city limits of Greensboro is too big a risk to take with our hard earned Dollars.

Now that you've closed it, White Street does make sense. The rough grading for East Cone Blvd was completed many years ago, the water and sewer is almost done and the city owned grading equipment is already parked there and full of fuel. Besides, that was the real reason White Street was closed in the first place. It was Mike Barber who told me the odors were conveniently coming from the sewage overflow line that leads from the waste-water treatment plant upstream to the landfill.

Enjoy -Billy Jones

If you'd like to join me in e-mailing City Council... Well, that was the link, click it.