Friday, November 9, 2012

Falling Downtown Property Values?

Memory is a funny thing I guess. I seem to remember Center Pointe as being a place where the condos would sell for a Million Dollars but the Mayor's condo is assessed at only $269, 300 according to the Guilford County Tax Department. I guess the downtown rentals have pushed down the market price for high end condos? Just how far is the Mayor under water?

Of course, I can see why. With no yard and fewer square feet than my Northeast Greensboro home and the highest crime rate in the city who would want to live there? You can't even grow your own food and with all the layoffs and the economy... Well, I'm happy to say I grow much of what I eat, vegetables, herbs, eggs and soon, Tilapia.

And to think, homes in my neighborhood sell for $50,000. You'd think a real estate professional would be smarter than that.