Thursday, June 26, 2014

How To Solve The Heritage House Apartments Problem

Step 1. The City should negotiate to buy a few of those units to establish a police sub station inside. I'm sure they'll have no problem finding owners who want out badly-- enough so that the bidding should go down rather than up. If I'm not mistaken the Homeowners Association is in serious debt to the City of Greensboro and records indicate the Homeowners Association owns many of those units. That will quickly rid the place of many of the undesirables and force others to behave more appropriately.

Step 2. I'm still pondering Step 2 but I believe implementing Step 1 will go a long ways towards solving a lot of the other problems. I know having lots of cops around made my neighborhood start looking a lot better in a very short period of time.

Seriously folks, these things are never as hard as Mike Barber makes them out to be. Heritage House didn't get that way over night, it won't be fixed over night. But as long as Barber and the rest of City Council keep fishing for an over night solution it will never be fixed.