Friday, August 15, 2014

Healing Blues Project CD To Benefit the IRC

My friend and fellow blogger, Lex Alexander sends me the following e-mail:

 "Two professors and some students here are involved in The Healing Blues Project, in which local musicians are partnering with area folks who have experienced homelessness, PTSD, and/or other trauma to turns those folks' experiences into blues songs. The songs are being recorded for a CD, proceeds from which will go to the Interactive Resource Center, and there'll be a benefit CD-release concert here on campus Sunday, Oct. 5, also with proceeds going to IRC.
(The musicians and, for lack of a better term, storytellers will receive equal credit for the songwriting.)

You can find some background info and info on obtaining tickets and CDs here and here as well as at the Indiegogo site linked from that second link."

This is the kind of stuff I wish I could spend my time blogging. As a matter of fact: once upon a time these sorts of things were the regular topics of my blogging.