Saturday, August 2, 2014

Heritage House Refugee Sleeps On The Street Tonight

Seven hours ago this was sent to my Facebook PM. As I was away from my computer I didn't see it.

"Do you wanna know something interesting? I called to ask about staying at the shelter at the IRC later tonight when I get off work and the director told me I would have to get there at 6pm? That's just wrong! Looks like I will be on the street tonight my friend!"

Not everyone works 9-5. The City of Greensboro has created a nightmare too big for the IRC and other local agencies to handle. It's time people were held accountable. I can promise you Mayor Nancy Barakat Vaughan is safe and secure in her Irving Park mansion tonight.

And as the days go on even more Heritage House refugees will find themselves on the street.