Sunday, June 14, 2015

News & Record: Still Covering For The Powers That Be

  • Funny, they left out the reason Tim Bryson pulled out of the race: http://greensboroperformingarts.blogspot.com/…/guess-i-was-…
    GREENSBORO - When Zack Matheny steps down from the Greensboro City Council Tuesday, the council will immediately appoint a replacement to serve the rest of his term.
    www.greensboro.com
  • Joe Killian · Friends with Lex Alexander and 29 others
    The fact that he pulled out is right beneath the listing of candidates:

    "Another person, Timothy Bryson, filed for the appointment with the city clerk but then withdrew his name from consideration."
  • Billy Jones But no mention of why, Joe.
  • Billy Jones I love how you like to dance around the questions: "Funny, they left out the reason Tim Bryson pulled out of the race: "

    Keyword: REASON
  • Joe Killian · Friends with Lex Alexander and 29 others
    Sorry - was reading on my phone and misread your post. Haven't been able to reach Mr. Bryson directly and his e-mail didn't make his case very clearly.
  • Billy Jones Please Joe, Mr Tim Bryson's email reads:

    " “Please note that after speaking to a number of parties involved in this process and realizing that a replacement has already been determined, I am too busy in my business to go through the process and spend any more time.”
    ...See More
  • Joe Killian · Friends with Lex Alexander and 29 others
    It's not clear where he's getting that information and I'm not in the business of allowing people to make unsubstantiated claims in the newspaper.

    If I get the chance to interview Mr.Bryson I'll ask him who he talked to and how he determined this, but I don't think my editors would be wild about my having him just assert in a mass e-mail something that he hasn't substantiated and which could lead to a libel suit.

    If he wrote me an e-mail saying it was rigged, that you had the inside track and you were going to be throwing your hat into the ring Monday and would obviously be chosen, I wouldn't print that either.
  • Billy Jones New owners, same old N&R-- always covering for the powers that be