Friday, August 21, 2015

Mayoral Candidate Devin King "promises better-paying jobs"

"My name is Devin King and I am running for mayor of Greensboro. I am a 27-year-old with two jobs, one as a certified nursing assistant. Caring for the sick, mentally ill and elderly while living in poverty provides a perspective of standards of living most take for granted. My amazing spouse Bernadette works in both child care and retail. We have a 5-year-old son.

We live paycheck to paycheck, sacrificing wants for needs, and sometimes some needs for others, not unlike too many in our community living unnoticed by those in our more prosperous neighborhoods.

...I don’t believe this is what Greensboro was meant to be.

I intend to fight for a better future...

...We can make a better Greensboro a reality, if some can acknowledge the trials many “on the other side of town” experience.

I intend to serve as an honest, trustworthy and moral leader who can bring better-paying jobs to our community."

Devin King
Greensboro

http://www.greensboro.com/opinion/letters_to_editor/candidate-promises-better-paying-jobs/article_27ebbd0c-c83d-59ea-9a3d-36cf4c373015.html