Sunday, February 14, 2016

On Ron Tuck; "It’s not godly to judge poor before helping"

"For a man who calls himself a minister, Ron Tuck seems clueless when it comes to compassion toward people experiencing homelessness (letter, “Solution for homeless lies in stronger faith,” Feb. 11).

His 11 reasons why people are homeless smacked of judgment.

Solution for homeless lies in stronger faith

Why I am homeless:

1. I’m addicted to drugs and alcohol.
2. I refused to go to school and get an education.
3. I did not want to listen to my parents and behave as I should have.
4. I like to break the rules and laws.
5. I don’t want to apologize or say I am sorry to anybody.

Minister Ron Tuck
Greensboro Civil Rights Museum Contractor
Guilford County Soil and Water Board candidate
Candidate for Greensboro City Council District 1, 2003
Greensboro RUCO board
East White Oak Community Center Board of Directors

There is a passage or two in his Bible that state judgment is reserved for God.

Using words such as “I like,” “I refused,” “I don’t want,” to explain why folks in Greensboro are surviving on the streets is hardly a good place to start a reasonable conversation.

6. I like to get over on the system and get things for free.
7. I don’t want responsibility.
8. I don’t like to work and I don’t want a skilled trade.
9. I don’t believe in God or Jesus or any religion.
10. I like to get over on the system and make fast money by hustling.
11. This is America, the home of the free. 

Minister Ron Tuck
Greensboro Civil Rights Museum Contractor
Guilford County Soil and Water Board candidate
Candidate for Greensboro City Council District 1, 2003
Greensboro RUCO board
East White Oak Community Center Board of Directors

I shudder at the thought that any person experiencing homelessness would turn to this man for help...

...Mr. Tuck, take time to learn about mental health, systemic poverty and the true definition of servant.

In the meantime, leave the work of giving shelter to those who need it to people who care and don’t judge."

Mary Coyne Wessling
Greensboro

http://www.greensboro.com/opinion/letters_to_editor/it-s-not-godly-to-judge-poor-before-helping/article_4d3b2616-fd1c-5828-983f-627af649833d.html
.
.
More from the Greensboro Civil Rights Museum - Ron Tuck - Contractor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N97myPUoco
.
.
Ron Tuck, Guilford County Soil and Water Board candidate

art9966

Occupation and employer: Self-employed contractor

Previous elective experience (including election campaigns): Candidate for Greensboro City Council District 1, 2003

Civic and volunteer experience (including service on local government commissions and boards): Greensboro RUCO board; interim chairman, East White Oak Community Center Board of Directors, December 2009-June 2010; Mason

Party registration: Republican (nonpartisan contest)

Where were you born? Philadelphia

When did you move to Greensboro? 1971

http://yesweekly.com/article-9966-ron-tuck-guilford-county-soil-and-water-board-candidate.html
.
.
"So I want you to continue to take good care of me.

I’ll be glad to come live with you.

Pick me up at the IRC or on the street where you see me begging for money,
or in a tent city in your neighborhood.

Thank you in advance...

Minister Ron Tuck
Greensboro

http://www.greensboro.com/opinion/letters_to_editor/solution-for-homeless-lies-in-stronger-faith/article_5bf276c8-51a6-511d-a93e-3fc8bc8384da.html
.
.
"I worked club security. I know what goes on," Ron Tuck said. "The problem is outside of the club. The club's goon squads got everything under control inside the building, but outside the building they just don't care."

http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news/local/2015/01/07/adding-armed-guards-to-greensboro-nightclubs/21426889/
.
.
"Federal judge strikes down gay marriage ban in NC

Forsyth to begin issuing licenses at 8 a.m. Monday

...A federal judge in Asheville struck down the state's gay marriage ban Friday, opening the way for the first same-sex weddings in the state to begin immediately...

Ron Tuck, a self-described street preacher, was immediately approached by a couple of local pastors.

One of them was the Rev. Julie Peeples of Congregational United Church of Christ in Greensboro.

"Please don't do this. These are people who have been hurt already," she said.

Tuck said a prayer and then left with people cheering as he exited.

Outside, Tuck remained undeterred.

"Somebody needs to take a stand. This is not right."

http://www.journalnow.com/news/state_region/federal-judge-strikes-down-gay-marriage-ban-in-nc/article_1aa2e714-50c0-11e4-83ae-0017a43b2370.html
.
.
All the finest people;