Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Sometimes They Only Need Know Someone Is Watching

One of the problems I've discovered with the current "leadership" of the City of Greensboro is that no one seems to know what is going on. Or in this case, not going on.

When I first reported the issue of Greensboro's Water Quality Cheats I decided I should look up recent online water quality reports. Problem was: Some were missing, prompting me to submit a public information request asking for copies. Today I got the following reply:

"On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Carter, Katherine <Katherine.Carter@greensboro-nc.gov> wrote:
Hello Billy,

Regarding your request for Water Quality Reports (PIRT 5823), the 2014 and 2015 Water Quality Reports are now available on the City’s Website at the following link, http://www.greensboro-nc.gov/index.aspx?page=2220.  Monthly reports can be found here, http://www.greensboro-nc.gov/index.aspx?page=3203.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

Katherine Carter, Public Records Administrator
Communications and Marketing Department - 336-373-3282
City of Greensboro
PO Box 3136, Greensboro, NC 27402-3136
www.greensboro-nc.gov"

To which I replied:

"I see they finally caught them up. Had they been there all along I would have never asked.
Thanks
Billy"

I hope others watch over my administration just as hard when I am elected Mayor of Greensboro in 2017. Together we can turn this city around.