Friday, September 8, 2017

John Brown Is Lying Again?

Previously I reported to you how Greensboro Mayoral Candidate John Brown attempted to silence me by threatening me with a law suit but quickly turned tail and ran when I called his bluff. Now this so-called God fearing Christian Conservative is making an $8.9 Million Dollar claim he cannot back up.

In a move that is typically seen on fake news websites, John Brown links to The Carolinian on his campaign website with a reference "confirming" his $8.9 Million Dollar claim (#17 on his list) but the few readers who actually click on the link will find the article, April 4th City Council Meeting makes no reference to the $8.9 Million Dollar purchase of the News & Record building in downtown Greensboro.



 The News & Record building wasn't made available for sale until September 2017 but John Brown links to an April 2017 article thinking all of HIS SUPPORTERS ARE TOO STUPID to actually click on the links. Typical fake news website.

 That said, I believe the City intends to purchase the building but as Roch Smith jr points out in his article Does mayoral candidate John Brown know something we don’t?

"I wrote to Brown, remarked that that was quite a scoop and asked if I could cite him as a source for that information. He did not reply, but the claim remains on his website."

This is typical of John Brown. My quarrel with Mr Brown began when I expressed concerns that his company, Jessup Services is a City of Greensboro contractor and if elected, might use his position as Mayor to build his business. When pressed, Mr Brown denied owning the company. Later it was learned he had put the company in his wife's name as a means of securing Women and Minority Bidding Status.

Something I wasn't aware of at the time was that the Brown's also own and operate a company called Air Force One, Inc.Wonder if he'll lie about that too?