Monday, March 26, 2012

Worse Than I Knew

I knew about the empty lot on my block when I surveyed the site I've proposed as the home of the East Greensboro Performing Arts Center but I didn't count it as it's been several years since 2 of the 3 houses on that property were torn down.


No, I won't make the address available as I don't want to make it easy for the slum lords and rent seekers to snatch up more properties in my neighborhood.


It was only when I saw the sign that I realized the City of Greensboro is in possession of the property. This means the City owns over 3/4 of the property in the little green circle. Somebody show me any downtown properties owned by the City of Greensboro that measures a half mile in diameter and explain to me again why downtown is a better location for a performing arts center?

Continue reading article #81. 2 Downtown Greensboro Performing Arts Centers?.