Thursday, September 13, 2012

No Monetary Award, Just A Trophy

That's the response I got back from my Public Information Request earlier today. I realize the response is probably some sort of record time for the City of Greensboro but the results are as sad as I expected them to be.


"Mr. Jones:
Your public information request was reviewed and the following was given in response:
How much did Greensboro win for its Savvy Award? - No monetary award, just a trophy.
How much was the entry fee? - $160.
The receipt of this email should complete your public information request.

 Sincerely,
Public Information Desk
City of Greensboro

300 W. Washington Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
Phone: (336) 373-CITY (2489)
www.greensboro-nc.gov"


I'm sorry but I can't help but reply back:

You're kidding me, right? $160 to buy our own trophy? Are you aware there are several trophy companies right here in Greensboro that could no doubt use a little more business? Next time you feel the need to give yourself a pat on the back, try spending our tax dollars locally.


Sincerely,
Billy Jones, Greensboro Taxpayer