Thursday, November 15, 2012

Northeast Greensboro Microloans For Economic Development

In the interest of economic development for Northeast Greensboro I'm putting my money where my mouth is. I have $18 and change in my KIVA account so I'm establishing a Northeast Greensboro Microloans Team through KIVA to make microloans to residents of Northeast Greensboro for things like getting people to work, buying tools necessary to work, repairing broken down cars necessary to get residents to and from work, start small businesses, whatever we can do.

I actually thought of this some time back but as I have no money I had to wait until some of my outstanding KIVA loans got repaid to me.

Now to be perfectly honest, I don't know a damned thing about banking and such so I'm going to need some help and since $18 and change ain't squat I'm going to need others to donate as well. And since it's KIVA I can't get my hands on the money so there's no way I know of that I could be ripping you off. But if you think of a way I could be ripping you off then by all means tell the entire world so everyone will know to watch out for it.

Anyway, I'll update this post later as I figure out more and get the KIVA page set up.

Update: So the way this is going to have to work, I think, I'm not sure yet but it's been done in other cities across America so I know it can be done here too. Somebody help!

 More info:

How to become a KIVA field partner.

Valley Economic Development Center, Inc. (An example of a US KIVA field partner.)