Wednesday, May 1, 2013

If Greensboro's Leaders Were Really Interested In Economic Development 29

They would understand that the death of the Rhino Times, while a short term victory for Greensboro's corrupt elite status quo who feared each week's edition might make known to the public more of their corruption, will in the long term be a rallying cry for honest conservatives and liberals alike who saw past the obvious editorial slant of and understand the need for honest government. While crooked politicians like Greensboro Mayor Robbie Perkins hide behind statements like this one lifted from the News & Record:

“I think it’s good news for the city,” Greensboro Mayor Robbie Perkins said. “It’s sad to see any business fail, but I’ll be glad to see the negativism they inject into the city every week go away.”

Remember: This is the same man who at the last City Council meeting attempted to ban speakers from the floor rather than deal with the issues they present to the City Council and the Citizens of Greensboro. Greensboro's "leaders" don't want the people to have any voice, liberal or conservative. They just want you to obey and pay.

Instead of celebrating the death of the lumbering giant, if our "leaders" really cared about economic development (link to the entire series) they would be shouting, "Remember the Rhino! Remember the Rhino!"

So please join me in remembering the Rhino and taking down the status quo. It's you help I want, not your money. There's no advertising here, no donate buttons, only my contact information. And I keep things confidential.

Facebook

Twitter

PS. I'm also looking to add uncensored writers to this blog even if I don't always agree with you. Hell, even if I rarely agree with you, as long as I believe in my heart you are honest.

Update: Roch agrees.