Thursday, September 12, 2013

Greensboro City Attorney Wouldn't Know A Constitution If It Bit Him

On Tuesday, July 23, I wrote a scathing blog post entitled, Greensboro City Attorney City S. Mujeeb Shah-Khan Unfit To Serve, in which I deliberately took jabs at Greensboro City Attorney S. Mujeeb Shah-Khan over his allowing the City of Greensboro to continue to violate the Constitutional rights of Greensboro Mayoral candidate George Hartzman. I closed the post with a link to an address on Google Maps that just happens to be S. Mujeeb Shah-Khan’s home address.

I made no threats but I did rattle his cage. So much so that Shah-Khan pushed Greensboro Police Chief Ken Miller into writing me a threatening e-mail and violating my own Constitutional rights. Chief Miller, who I consider a good man, was pushed into a corner by a bad boss and forced to do something no police officer would ever willingly do in this day and age.

As evidence of the fact that I’m correct, you can go to East Greensboro Performing Arts Center and search the site and you’ll find that what I wrote about Shah-Khan still stands. I’ve yet to be arrested or even charged. As I wrote in another blog post, Greensboro Attempts Noise Ordnance Against Bloggers And Social Media, what I did was protected speech and while Chief Miller’s e-mail to me accused me of threatening Shah-Khan, the definition of a threat as defined by the United States Supreme Court in Brandenburg v. Ohio doesn’t come anywhere close to what I did.

As a matter of fact, in my original blog post I never even stated the address I linked to was Shah-Khan’s address or anyone else’s address.

You see, the entire effort was a fishing expedition and I caught me one less than capable Greensboro City Attorney who took the bait hook, line and sinker.

And I did it for good reason too. For the last two years I’ve watched Mayor Robbie Perkins intimidate speakers at Greensboro City Council meetings by not allowing them to speak until they speak their home address into the microphone to be broadcast not only on live local television and stored on the City of Greensboro website as individual meetings but also live streamed to anyone in the entire world with access to Internet.

That’s right, when you tell the Mayor and City Council your home address you are telling it to the world– the entire world, all seven billion or so people with access to the Internet. Not even the US House of Representatives or United States Senate asks people to speak their home address before addressing bodies of Congress. And because you had to fill out a form before you were allowed to speak the Mayor already has your home address right in front of him when he calls you up to speak.

To add insult to injury, Mayor Perkins often exempts friends, high rollers and connected elites from having to state their home addresses. Others openly use their office addresses.

This is a form of intimidation and a violation of your rights as citizens of Greensboro and the United States of America. It only goes on to scare you away from the podium and more than one person has told me they won’t address the Greensboro City Council because they fear reprisals from having given out their home addresses in front of the cameras.

If it scares the Greensboro City Attorney whose position affords him a full time 24/7/365 police watch at his request as a condition of his employment, why shouldn’t the rest of you be scared?

And why are Mayor Robbie Perkins and S. Mujeeb Shah-Khan allowed to continue intimidating Greensboro’s working class citizens in this manner?

. From the Clemmons Free Press