Friday, March 14, 2014

Zack Matheny's Wyndham Text Messages: Part 2

As some of my readers are no doubt aware I've been attempting to prove or disprove the rumor that Greensboro City Councilman Zack Matheny rigged the vote on the $1.975 Million Dollar incentive grant to the downtown Wyndham Hotel and has been selling incentive packages. As part of my investigation I have asked the City of Greensboro to provide us with Mr Matheny's text messages. I've been keeping an ongoing account with many updates at Zack Matheny's Wyndham Text Messages.

Today the City of Greensboro sent a reply to one of my requests. From Sarah Healy of the communications department of the City of Greensboro:

"Dear Billy:
Thank you for your recent PIRT# 3270 request regarding the text messages sent to and from Councilman Zack Matheny during the Greensboro City Council Meeting.

Here are the two texts we received from Councilman Matheny that respond to your request.


We are working on your other requests and will be in touch.

Sincerely,
Sarah Healy"

Note the dates and times on the texts sent by Councilman Matheny. The city council meeting in question was on Tuesday, February 4, 2014.

Text 1

Text 2


If I were Zack I'd be calling my lawyer and hoping he doesn't nor ever did work for the City of Greensboro.

Update: I e-maild Sarah back to enquire who Councilman Matheny was texting. Sarah's reply:

 "Mayor Vaughan. I’m sorry, I thought it was in there. My apologies."

Apparently Text 1 was Mr Matheny's attempt to prove he was not at the party at Randall Kaplan's home that night. I'm sure he has a credit card statement as well.