Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Where Are The E-mails Councilman Barber?

In the video below, Greensboro City Councilman, Mike Barber speaks of e-mails he received in opposition to Councilman Wilkins' proposal that all non profits release to the public the names and salaries of their top 2 highest paid employees. As I pointed out in Mike Barber Destroys Public Records, Councilman Barber has so far failed to respond to my request for those records and has admitted to destroying other public records I requested.


Video courtesy of Amanda Lehmert, Greensboro News & Record.

As always, there's more I've yet to tell. Stay tuned.

 Update: Thursday April 17, 2014 Got the following reply from the City of Greensboro as to the e-mails Mike Barber claims to have gotten in the video posted above. It would appear Mr Barber lied in front of the cameras while acting as a member of the Greensboro City Council:

"Dear Billy:
Thank you for your follow-up response.
The City has no records which respond to your request.
Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.
Sincerely,
Sarah Healy"

In the video Mike Barber clearly says, "e-mails" plural. Attorneys are trained to use very specific language when arguing their points. Mr Barber is an attorney. There could be e-mails sent to Mr Barber's personal e-mail account that the City Staff cannot access. If those e-mails are concerning City business then they are still public record. That is the law. Either Mike Barber is lying or he is continuing to withhold public records-- you make the call.

As always, I can forward the e-mail to anyone who e-mails me at RecycleBill@gmail.com and asks that I do so.