Friday, May 2, 2014

Mike Barber Could Have Said

Andrew Michael Nisbet  worked at the municipally owned Las Positas Golf Course in Livermore, California beginning in 2006 where he was director of instruction. According to SFGate, Nisbet also worked in Michigan, Mississippi Alabama and yes, North Carolina.

Nesbit is currently charged and in jail awaiting trial on 65 counts of child molestation on 2 boys between 2009 and 2012 but was charged most recently with  not two but three felony counts for solicitation of murder. 

It would appear there was more molestation going on than Nisbit had been charged with.

Now yesterday when I asked, "Did he also work  for First Tee of the Triad?" there were any number of ways Mike Barber could have responded. What I expected was the usual response I get from Mr Barber and the rest of City Council-- they ignore me and hope it simply all blows away quietly.

Or he could have said, paraphrasing, of course, I have never before heard of Andrew Michael Nisbet.

Councilman Barber could have said Andrew Michael Nisbet has never worked for First Tee of The Triad.

First Tee of the Triad President Mike Barber could have said something like, Andrew Michael Nisbet has not been involved with First Tee of the Triad since I became involved with First Tee.

Mike Barber could have said, I'll look into this and get back to you.

There were any number of ways Mike Barber could have acted but what did Mike Barber do when I asked "Did he also work  for First Tee of the Triad?"

Mike Barber attempted to .delete the post on the Facebook group, Real Progress For Greensboro  But Mike apparently didn't realize that I am the founder and admin of Real Progress for Greensboro and there posts don't just disappear because someone finds them uncomfortable or a little too close to home.

I accused Mike Barber of nothing. Why do you think Mike tried to make the post go quietly away?

Update:  On Facebook Mike Barber explains:

"Hi Billy, I learned of your most recent blogging a few days after you started, they go to spam. I apparently hit "Admin" instead of do not provide updates, because this too is in my spam box. The defendant you've identified apparently volunteered at the TPC courses in either Charlotte or Raleigh, as was reported in the various news releases. This person has no known connection with Greensboro or any golf organizations in the Triad, nor have any been reported. There is no need to "tag" me in any further writings. I'm genuinely not interested, but I am aware and understand your mental, physical, emotional, and financial challenges, and peacefully attribute your behavior to these things."

I'm okay with that except... Well this part:

"Hi Billy, I learned of your most recent blogging a few days after you started, they go to spam."

You see I only posted it yesterday and he attempted to delete it last night. There were no few days.

I admit, this entire episode was trashy and cheap but why try to hide if you've done nothing wrong? Especially when I accused Mike Barber of nothing.