Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Who Are The Real Heritage House Outlaws?

"Well, as through the world I've rambled, I've seen lots of funny men. Some rob you with a sixgun, some with a fountain pen. As through this world you ramble, as through this world you roam You'll never see an outlaw drive a family from its home..." -American Singer/Songwriter Woody Guthrie

Despite the fact that on these many pages dubbed the Heritage House Saga our team of investigators has proved the problems at Heritage House to be the fault of the City of Greensboro due to failures to enforce existing laws, failure to provide law enforcement and failure to provide adequate oversight over developers and businesses to which the City issued permits to do business while the City of Greensboro acted as an accessory in helping some of these businesses defraud the NC Department of Revenue and the Internal Revenue Service, the City of Greensboro's legal department intends, at the direction of the Greensboro City Council, to move forward on a plan to steal 177 homes from their rightful owners and push Greensboro's poor and working class out of the city while at the same time Mayor Nancy Barakat Vaughan will meet today with Winston-Salem Mayor Allan Joines in a faux display of bringing more jobs to Greensboro.

What Mayor Vaughan is really talking about is incentives to the rich and development in the areas that already have the most jobs. Who are the real outlaws at Heritage House? Not Ben Holder who planned to save Heritage House but was never given the chance to do so. Ben got duped. Not the poor homeowners who lived at Heritage House. Not the landlords who could no longer afford to pour money into properties that had dropped from $60,000 in value to just $2,000 in value inbetween the years of 2008 and 2014. Not Councilwoman Sharon Hightower who quietly worked her tail off to save Heritage House without being thanked only to get upstaged in the media by Councilman Mike Barber and Councilman Zack Matheny waving a faked crime report in front of the media. Not City Attorney Tom Carruthers who was caught admitting that the water bill wasn't owed entirely by Heritage House and to this day refuses to release the documents.

No, the real outlaws are Nancy Barakat Vaughan, Mike Barber, Zack Matheny, Tom Carruthers and the developers and brokers whose names the 4 of them continue to keep hidden.

Later today, in another publication, you will read of the plan being put forward by the City Attorney's office to steal the entire Heritage House properties from their rightful owners. Then you will know who the real outlaws are. As Woody sang:


This land is your land, this land is my land
From California to the New York Island,
From the Redwood Forest, to the Gulf stream waters,
This land was made for you and me.
As I went walking that ribbon of highway
And saw above me that endless skyway,
And saw below me the golden valley, I said:
This land was made for you and me.
I roamed and rambled and followed my footsteps
To the sparkling sands of her diamond deserts,
And all around me, a voice was sounding:
This land was made for you and me.
Was a high wall there that tried to stop me
A sign was painted said: Private Property,
But on the back side it didn't say nothing —
This land was made for you and me.
When the sun come shining, then I was strolling
In wheat fields waving and dust clouds rolling;
The voice was chanting as the fog was lifting:
This land was made for you and me.
One bright sunny morning in the shadow of the steeple
By the Relief Office I saw my people —
As they stood hungry, I stood there wondering if
This land was made for you and me.

Oh, and here's a tid-bit for you: Rumor is former Greensboro City Attorney S Mujeeb Shah-Khan is preparing a law suit against the City of Greensboro now that he has reestablished himself as the City Attorney of Monroe, North Carolina. I wonder what on Earth for.

Isn't it time we stopped subsidizing Greensboro's rich through the law suits paid to those wronged by the actions of Greensboro "leaders" developers and movers and shakers? Can't you see what they're doing? They don't care that the City gets sued as long as they get their cut.

Update: Got the following e-mail from S Mujeeb Sha-Khan today:

 Billy -
I understand you have a post up suggesting I'm preparing a lawsuit against the City of Greensboro now that I'm the new Monroe City Attorney.  Don't know who suggested that to you, but I'm not preparing a lawsuit. Nor am I planning to sue the City of Greensboro.  Just wanted to be perfectly clear on that.

But I'll say the Heritage House saga is fascinating and sad.

S. Mujeeb Shah-Khan

Guess that clears that up.