Saturday, October 18, 2014

Growing Greensboro: Steisha Pintado

A lot of people don't realize it but my former blog, BloggingPoet.com was at one time nearing stardom with 80,000 readers a month making me at that time, the most widely known and popular blogger in all of Greensboro. As a matter of fact: prior to the economic crash I was earning my living from the advertising revenue I earned from that one blog. A sparce living but I was doing what I loved doing.

I still post a bit of poetry and short stories to Formerly BloggingPoet.com but if I see 80 readers a month there it's been a very good month. That's okay, I had my 15 minutes, it's someone else's turn.

But I got to thinking, with traffic growing in leaps and bounds here at EzGreensboro.com because of our team's clearing Greensboro's landscape of so much corruption why not use our increased popularity to sow the fields with new crops? After all, growing, creating and building are my own greatest passions.

As a new feature and with your help I've added Growing Greensboro to the right column of our website just below the Blogging Cow where in it you'll find a link to Steisha Pintado's blog where she posts some of her original cartoons.

So what are the requirements to be added to Growing Greensboro? For starters you must be located in Greensboro and your site needs to be updated regularly with an RSS feed. Your passion can be art, music, crafts, manufacturing whatever as long as you are adding something tangible-- a product-- to our local economy. Merriam-Webster defines Tangible as "capable of being appraised at an actual or approximate value."


The other requirement is that what you are doing is unique. Tangible and unique go a long ways towards making any product or service an asset to the local community whereas the artist whose work simply copies the work of another may well be tangible, its lack of uniqueness drains away from the original creator and quite possibly the economy as a whole.

You see, one of the major themes of this blog has always been economic development and being that we don't run government I'm always looking for other ways to help.

Oh, and don't sit around waiting to be discovered, RecycleBill@gmail.com and make sure I can verify you're in Greensboro, North Carolina.

And finally, I don't do this often but Christmas is coming soon and Reindeer Tales remains the only book I still have in print. As the old saying goes, children of all ages, even children with great grandchildren, will love it.