Thursday, February 19, 2015

Triad City Beat; "Councilman Matheny to apply for top job at Downtown Greensboro Inc."

"Greensboro City Councilman Zack Matheny, who represents downtown, plans to apply for the top job at Downtown Greensboro Inc. when a search is conducted later this year.

...Hayworth is serving as the interim president and was widely rumored to be a strong contender for the seat, but she said this afternoon that she will not be applying for the position.

“If I had the desire to be a CEO, I would have remained at Junior Achievement of Central North Carolina where I was President and CEO for 13 years,” she said. “My strong suit is the day-to-day operations and working with staff.  I appreciate the confidence the DGI board has shown in my ability to lead the organization.”

http://triad-city-beat.com/councilman-matheny-to-apply-for-top-job-at-downtown-greensboro-inc/