Monday, May 4, 2015

subject: RE: I was told by Joe Killian in front of Susan Ladd there was to be a story on the 457 plan

from: George Hartzman
to: Jeff Gauger
"Doyle, Steven"
"ajohnson@news-record
Amanda Lehmert <amanda.lehmert
dgclark@new
Joe Killian <joe.killi
susan.ladd
date: Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 10:08 AM
subject: Fwd: I need confirmation that these numbers are correct.

Now that John Hammer's negative story is out, I can go after him for misleading the public, City staff for being led on a leash by ICMA-RC and Council for being misled.

If you don't want to or can't help me with this, please give me some names of non-affiliated financial professionals you trust who can.

g
.
.
And nothing.
.
.
from: Killian, Joe
to: George Hartzman
"Ladd, Susan" <Susan.Ladd
"Gauger, Jeff"
"Doyle, Steven"

date: Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 10:47 AM
subject: RE: I was told by Joe Killian in front of Susan Ladd there was to be a story on the 457 plan
mailed-by: news-record.com

Dear George:

I’d like to do something with your issue. But, as I told you at the meeting the other night: with what’s going on in Raleigh right now and everything else already on my plate I can’t drop what I’m doing to write about it right now because it’s the most important issue on your mind.

...When you asked me whether I was going to cover your issue I was honest with you, as I’m always honest with you. Yes, I intend to write about it, but I have a number of other things I have to deal with right now that are time sensitive and breaking and I can’t put them aside to write about your thing right now...

JK
.
.
from: Doyle, Steven
to: George Hartzman
"Killian, Joe"
cc: "Gauger, Jeff"
"Ladd, Susan"
date: Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 10:53 AM
subject: RE: I was told by Joe Killian in front of Susan Ladd there was to be a story on the 457 plan
mailed-by: news-record.com

George

Let me reiterate and add to what Joe wrote.

We have a lot going on in the city right now, as you know. And there is an urgency to those stories that we can’t put aside.

Your concept is important, of course, but it also is complex and will require dedication of resources we can’t make immediately.

I think Joe appropriately addressed how we are viewing this situation.

All best,
Steve Doyle

Steven Doyle
Managing Editor
News & Record
.
.
Today is May 4, 2015, and no one from Greensboro's News and Record ever got back to me.

Not once.

This is what's known as modern journalism, 
where important stories that could affect the owner of publications
are buried at the expense of those who could be helped.

In this case, the Rhino's John Hammer misled the public on the issue,
twice,
without the News & Record lifting a finger.

In this case, Zack Matheny misled Greensboro's taxpayers
without the News & Record lifting a finger.
.
.
The News and Record went along with this;

How Greensboro's City Council shafted the City's employees with Zack Matheny's help

Both Zack Matheny and Mary Vigue lied about it.


http://greensboroperformingarts.blogspot.com/2015/04/how-greensboros-city-council-shafted.html