Wednesday, December 2, 2015

What They're Not Telling You About TPAC

I had a nice conversation with Marikay Abuzuaiter the other day concerning the most recent TPAC update posted to the City of Greensboro website.




Now please allow me to be clear that I'm not picking on Marikay as she voted against the downtown performing arts center every single time. As a matter of fact, if I were to bet I'd guess she's not in the loop when it comes to the real goings on.

For example. Marikay admits that the one thing she voted in favor of was the hiring of a contractor who would guarantee to bring the project in at or under bid. And while seemingly a smart move (I would have voted the same way) therein lies the problem:

I'm betting they'll be back for more as they voted to hire a contractor who will guarantee to come in at or under bid and no contractor in his right mind is going to take on such a job unless there's a lot of fat built in.

I'm guessing they'll be back for about ten more million before it's all over and the TPAC will be downsized once again.

I still think we'd all be better off if we used the property to grow vegetables to feed Greensboro's poor.