Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Ask Dan Forest

Perhaps you're read Ask Phil Berger where I asked the North Carolina Senate President the following question on which I'm still waiting for a reply?

"Mr Berger, What is the penalty for violating the bathroom portion of HB2? Thanks in advance for answering my question."

Well today I decided to take my question to North Carolina Lieutenant Governor Dan Forest, aka, the second most powerful man in the State of North Carolina.
"Lt. Governor Forest, What is the criminal penalty for violating the bathroom portion of HB2? Thanks in advance for answering my question."

And to prove to you I'm not lying I've taken 2 screen grabs from the 2 places on Mr Forest's page where I posted the exact same question: Click on either to view them full size.


And here:



Why is this important? Because in reading the text of HB2 I can see no criminal penalties for breaking the law. And if a law has no criminal penalties then the law has no powers to protect or prosecute anyone who breaks said law.

And if a law has no powers then what's the point?

Will our Lieutenant Governor or his publicist answer my question or will I continue to be ignored as has been the case with Senator Phil Burger?

I guess only time will tell.