Thursday, December 8, 2016

What The News & Fishwrap Never Told You About Tiny Houses Greensboro: Part 3

On Tuesday I published What The News & Fishwrap Never Told You About Tiny Houses Greensboro.

On Wednesday I published What The News & Fishwrap Never Told You About Tiny Houses Greensboro: Part 2

Apparently I've touched on a nerve:

When I logged into Facebook this morning I saw something I had never before seen. A notice saying one of my posts had been removed because it was considered inappropriate content. It had been removed from my conversation with Scott Jones, Director of Tiny Houses Greensboro, in this thread at Greater Greensboro Politics.


"So Scott Jones, I can add name calling to your list. Thank you.

You can post anything you like about me. None of it is secret.

So you didn't have to get rezoning to build the bigger houses. Is that something you really want the argument to hinge upon? That means you don't yet have the zoning to build the smaller houses.

Also, Scott, about your business model: is it even legal to require your prospective tenants to work for you before they are allowed to rent from you? I realize this model is used in other programs such as Habitat for Humanity but in Habitat for Humanity the recipients are given deeds to their homes instead of being made to pay rent?"

That's right, Scott, Facebook informs us now when you delete our comments.

There's at least 15 comments in that thread that are invisible to me including all of Scott Joneses previous comments. I can only assume Scott no longer wants to answer questions.

While I'm allowed reading access, I'm currently blocked from using Facebook for the next 24 hours so if anyone cares I guess it's up to others to spread the word about what appears to be the nefarious activities of Scott Jones and Tiny Houses Greensboro.

Again, I'd love to see an east Greensboro factory churning out tiny houses to be placed on permanent foundations in communities where owner occupancy is a stipulation of ownership and non profits, perhaps even Tiny Houses Greensboro-- without Scott Jones-- help provide the access to home ownership for the homeless. But building more low income housing projects-- even if they are packaged as tiny houses-- is simply repeating the long history of failed public housing in Greensboro and all across America.

Update: 
I thought this screen grab from the Guilford County Democratic Party Website might interest you as well.



Scott Jones will never be elected even to scoop up dog poop.

Please continue reading What The News & Fishwrap Never Told You About Tiny Houses Greensboro: Part 4