Thursday, April 13, 2017

Let's Make Sure Stephen Bolen Never Holds Elected Office

Yesterday morning I got the following e-mail from a Mr Stephen Bolen. You can click on it to expand it to full size:



Now I don't know Stephen Bolen from Adam's house cat so I can only guess as to why Mr Bolen would send me such an e-mail out of the blue. My guesses:


A. Mr Bolen is an ideological conservative who hates Democrats, Liberals, and Progressives,

or

B. Stephen Bolen is a Democrat who, for whatever reason, opposed the selection of Ralph Rodland as Chair of the Guilford County Democratic Party as is indicated on the following page of the Guilford County Democratic Party website: http://www.guilforddems.org/gcdp-officers/

Now if  Mr Bolen is an ideological conservative who hates Democrats, Liberals, and Progressives then he wasn't very bright to pick Billy Jones as the person to break the news that Ralph Rodland "is a person in long-term recovery from alcohol and other drugs." You see, I'm no idiot, I actually do research instead of taking for granted something is true simply because someone else provided a hyperlink.

And here's what the hyperlink provided by Stephen Bolen http://rcnc.org/aboutrcnc/board-of-directors/ really says

"Ralph Rodland is a person in long-term recovery from alcohol and other drugs since March 28, 2010.

He serves as Executive Director of Caring Services, a licensed mental health and substance abuse treatment facility and long-term transitional housing program in High Point, North Carolina. Ralph is currently finalizing his Certified Substance Abuse Counseling credential and will be fully credentialed in August of 2016. He is a member of the Guilford County Medication, Education, Detection and Safety Coalition, created to help address the opiate epidemic.

He is a Recovery Community Messaging Trainer and holds these trainings at Caring Services, so the clients he serves are able to effectively communicate their recovery status with the world around them. His recovery status has brought about hope and stability to his life, two traits he never thought possible while battling his active addiction. He is a Godfather, an uncle, a son, and enjoys films and political history."


You see, I'm also clueless as to who Ralph Rodland is-- never heard of him-- but rather that take a statement out of context in an effort to slander someone I actually searched for the truth. But hey, you don't have to take my word for it, that's why I provide hyperlinks, screen grabs and more documentation than any media outlet in all of the Piedmont Triad when I post articles online.

So in the interest of fairness, I replied to Mr Stephen Bolen with the following e-mail demanding I see an apology e-mailed to Ralph Rodland in 24 hours or I would go public with Mr Bolen's attempt to smear Mr Rodland.



Is our Stephen Bolen a child molester as the Google search suggests he might be? https://www.google.com/#q=Stephen+Bolen+&spf=1  As I've never met the man I cannot say. But I e-mailed him on Wednesday morning demanding he apologize to Mr Rodland in 24 hours and it has now been almost 36 hours and I've yet to hear anything back from Mr Bolen.

Has he taken to hiding out?


As I pointed out to Mr Bolen in my e-mail to him:

"You must be very careful when taking quotes out of context as they can come back to bite you in the ass."


Look, I don't know anything about Ralph Rodland. He may or may not be a good choice to run the Democratic Party. Personally, I could care less. I could care less about any political party. But here's what I do care about: Honest men and women being selected and elected to political posts and offices. And anyone who would take such statements out of context, turning them into complete fabrications and lies as Mr Stephen Bolen has done, has no business being involved in the political process that picks and chooses who you and I get to cast out votes for.

So in the interest of making sure that Stephen Bolen never gets the chance to hold political office, please share this with everyone you know across Party lines.