Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Billy Jones For Mayor Of Greensboro, Part 40, Let's Put The Money Where It Does The Most Good

A continuation of my series, Billy Jones For Mayor of Greensboro

First posted September 21, 2017:

Every Saturday morning I get to watch a dance/drill team of children practicing on the street outside my house.

Last Saturday morning I was standing out on the street talking with a Greensboro Police Officer who was waiting on a tow truck to come pick up a stolen car that had been abandoned across the street the night before. (Yep, I called it in.)

He was seated in his car typing on his computer when he heard the music, looked up in his rear view and saw the dancers coming his way. The look on his face was priceless. Like myself, he was happy to see such programs going on.

For a year, perhaps longer, I've watched these young dancers practice days when the weather is good, always happy to see them. In the beginning they couldn't even walk a straight line but now I'm seeing real moves, staying in step, and keeping time.

There's a few that look to be about 5 years old who have more trouble than the older ones but even they have improved vastly.

As Mayor of Greensboro I'd like to see a lot more of these kinds of programs and a lot less of things like a Downtown Performing Arts Center. And believe you me, if I can find a way to get the City of Greensboro out of paying for the performing arts center I will do it.

That was, after all, what got me started in Greensboro politics to start with.

Also, I'd like to add that I've learned of a new apps available for Smart Phones that allows for immediate recording and uploading of telephone calls as well as conversion to text. I saw one demonstrated just yesterday. Elect me Mayor of Greensboro, North Carolina and I will upgrade and install such an app so that all calls to your mayor are recorded and saved for public records.


Please continue reading  If I Were Mayor Of Greensboro: Part 41, Greensboro's Most Pressing Issues