Monday, April 9, 2012

Going To DPAC With GPAC And Virtual PAC Tourists

Friday I mentioned how I'd asked to be included in the upcoming trip to the Durham Performing Arts Center, how much I really wanted to go and how GPAC2012 really wants to take me along. Today, I got the following e-mail today from the GPAC Task Force:

"Thank you for your interest in going on the Greensboro Performing Art Center Task Force’s site visit to the Durham Performing Arts Center on Friday, April 13. We have reserved a space for you on the bus. We will be leaving from the Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro office (330 S. Greene St.) at 9 am and, based on the current itinerary, expect to arrive back in Greensboro around 4 pm.

If for some reason you are no longer able to attend, please let us know as soon as possible. If you could also provide us with some alternative contact information in case we need to reach you, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you again for your interest and we look forward to seeing you Friday morning!

The GPAC Task Force"


Don't you just love how these official e-mails seem almost as if they're written by a machine instead of a person? I mean, could there really be a person named, The GPAC Task Force?

Seriously though, my reason for going on the trip isn't to be amazed by some big fancy building (My first full time job was in structural engineering.) but to ask the tough questions the GPAC2012 supporters might not want to know the answers to.

This is where the rest of you get a virtual seat on the bus.

Leave your questions about DPAC in the comments below or e-mail me at GreensboroPerformingArtsCenter@gmail.com so that I may ask the questions you really want to know and not just the answers Mayor Perkins wants you to know and I'll be happy to ask as many as I'm allowed. And maybe a few more.

Continue reading article #98. DPAC To GPAC: A Key Difference.