Monday, November 26, 2012

Greensboro101 Is Not Censoring Me

Several readers e-mailed me to ask if Greensboro101.com was blocking the content from East Greensboro Performing Arts Center. Being my normal paranoid self my first thought was, Greensboro's "movers and shakers" have shaken the pebbles out of Roch-- the owner of Greensboro101-- to the point of scaring him and forced him to drop this site's RSS feed from the aggregator at Greensboro101.

But having known Roch for several years and knowing he doesn't scare easy I gave myself time to allow a return to rational thought and my meds to kick in (I ran out Friday but got more today as the really cheap meds store isn't open nights, weekends and holidays.) Then I asked Roch if perhaps there was a technical glitch. Roch's reply:

"It was. An embedded video with a tag that wasn't closed. Unclosed tags generally, but especially with video cause problems. A way to avoid that is to make sure that you place some content after a video, even if it's just a period. I'll re-enable as soon as that post ages out."

I should have never questioned it. I should have known from the beginning that the problem, the open tag, was on my end. I've known Roch for many years and have seen him stand up many times for peoples' rights to voice their opinions. Yes, George, I know you and a few others will take issue with that but I call it like I see it. And it's not like I don't stand up for you when I believe you're right. Hell, I threatened to kick Jeff Martin's ass standing up for you.

So to my readers out there who worry that there are efforts to censor me. Well, there are ongoing efforts to censor me but as of now Roch Smith Jr isn't a part of that effort. And knowing Roch for all these many years, while they might somehow be able to coerce Roch into censoring me, I know he won't be bought and he'll never do so willingly.

And I do understand the rest of you still have to eat. That's why I do what I do. So you don't have to.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go close a tag on an embedded video.