Saturday, November 10, 2012

More Post RUCO Lies From Sue Schwartz

 Correction:
Council Woman Nancy Vaughan e-mailed me the following:

"Billy, I just read your latest RUCO post. There was a task force meeting on October 24th and a had a additional three hour meeting on the 30th. I assume you made that assumption based on lack of posted minutes?  Nancy Hoffman and I attended both those meetings, as well as some earlier meetings."

My thanks to Nancy for setting the record straight but as I told her in my reply, Sue Schwartz's letter still stinks.

Begin original post:

Sue Schwartz, FAICP Director for the City of Greensboro writes in her Post Ruco Study Committee Update to the Greensboro City Council and citizens of Greensboro:

"...The committee had been working diligently in the hopes of completing their work by October 31, 2012..."

Well, for starters, not only did you miss the deadline but you were proven wrong before you made the claim and wrote the letter. Try clicking on the words, proven wrong if you're unsure of how websites work.

"...They have made great strides..."

Really? There's nothing in the Post RUCO Meeting Minutes to indicate any progress. And being that there hasn't been a Post RUCO Board meeting since October 18th, just when did you make these "great strides?"

And finally:

"...Please let me know if you need additional information or have any questions."

Well, Ms Schwartz, being that you brought it up I do have one question: I mean, I know your bosses are putting you under a lot of pressure right now but does that justify your lying to the citizens of Greensboro you were hired to serve?

Here's a suggestion: Ask the Greensboro City Council to ask the State Legislature to strike down the ban on RUCO. Problem solved.