Thursday, December 6, 2012

Robbie Perkins Caught Lying Again

I watched it unfold in Tuesday night's City Council meeting. Mayor Robbie Perkins lied to Councilwoman Marikay Abuzuaiter when he told her before the meeting that the bequest for a new downtown park was contingent on building the downtown performing arts center but when questioning Walker Sanders of the Community Foundation she learned the Mayor had lied to her. I thought fire was going to shoot from her eyes at any second as she stared down the Mayor. Everyone in the room could see it on the Mayor's face-- he'd been caught.

And now that low down sumbich continues to try to lie his way out of it when he says, "I was trying to help her make a better decision,” he said, adding that the park won’t be built in that same location downtown if the performing arts center never gets built."

Then we find out that Perkins tried to bribe Councilman Jim Keys:

"Councilman Jim Kee also said he was pressured by Perkins to vote for the center without putting the issue to voters.

Perkins offered to speed up transportation projects in Kee’s district or renovations at a city-owned Phillips Avenue shopping plaza.

Kee turned him down.

Then, Kee said, the mayor said that the plaza renovations might have to go on a bond instead.

“I took it as a threat,” Kee said. “He’s got blinders on, and he just wants to see this thing happen, not considering whether or not we can afford it.”

Perkins said that he was trying to make a political trade-off with Kee and that District 2 constituents should question why Kee turned down his offer."


Let me put it to you this way, Mr Mayor: as a resident of District 2 I think I find myself agreeing with Jim KeysKee for the first time ever. KeysKee knows your track record just like the rest of us know your track record. You'll promise anything to get what you want but when it comes time to pay your bills... Well your own family members sued you in court 'cause you refused to pay them. It's public knowledge you are not in the habit of paying your bills. I'm the person who broke the story to the News & Record, remember? If you wanted to bribe District 2 then my neighbors and I, of which Mr KeysKee is one, should have been shopping in that grocery store and enjoying those transportation improvements many months ago. Perkins lies again,

“It is a failure of leadership on the Greensboro City Council."

No Robbie, the failure is yours.

Hey Jim, how 'bout you and I get together soon and discuss putting Mayor Pro Tem Yvonne Johnson back in the center seat. I promise you, my conservative and liberal friends alike would rather have her than 12 more months of Robme.

Like I always say, if Robbie's lips are moving...