Thursday, April 3, 2014

Councilman Mike Barber Takes City Funding, Refuses Transparency

People were shocked Tuesday night when Greensboro City Councilman Mike Barber refused to vote in favor of Councilman Wilkins' proposal that the top 2 salaries of every city funded non profit be disclosed to the public but my readers knew as soon as it happened that Councilman Barber had something to hide.

So it was they sent me the documents showing how Mike draws more than $86,000 a year as head of the "non profit" Golf Fore Fun. Game on.

So after doing a little research I sent what I had to my friends including Yes Weekly journalist, Jeff Sykes who did some research of his own and posted, Records show councilman’s non-profit salary.

You see, after 14 years of working separately, some of Greensboro's bloggers have decided to become a team of sorts. Least wise, until I piss them off again.... You see folks, neither I nor Jeff nor anyone else can change this city alone. My readers tipped me off with just enough to get us started and with what I added to it Jeff was able to dig up the proof we needed. It was a team effort with the real heroes remaining in the background.

Here's the story of the Wyndham Hotel Jeff mentions including the parts he can't yet tell and the City Council doesn't dare discuss.

And folks let me tell you, if you're one of a certain few members of the Greensboro City Council your life is about to become a living hell. On that you have my word.