Sunday, September 14, 2014

Was Steven Tanger Perpetuating A Hoax?

Remember Steven Tanger's promise to donate what was it, $10 Million Dollars to the Downtown Greensboro Performing Arts Center in exchange for naming the joint the Steven Tanger Center For The Performing Arts? It was $10 Million Dollars over 10 years, right? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Well according to the National Center for Charitable Stastics that's going to be very hard to do considering that their latest data shows that Mr Tanger's foundation only has $171,536 in total assets. Don't take my word for it, click on the link, then go to the second page and read it for yourself.

I mean, I don't know, can Steven Tanger turn $171 thousand into $10 Million in 10 years? Maybe he can. Or maybe he and Walker Sanders worked out a plan to dump the costs of the project into the laps of Greensboro taxpayers after the Steven Tanger Center For The Performing Arts is built and the bills come due?

You decide?

I know I'd never sign a $10 Million Dollar contract with a man who couldn't actually show me the money, would you? And being that we now have more evidence that Sanders lied about his taxpayer funded trip to Bermuda in 2012... Well, you just can't trust that guy.