Wednesday, October 22, 2014

My Apology To Chris Musselwhite

Let there be no mistake, people can say a lot of bad things about Billy Jones but if they tell you I'm afraid of admitting a mistake they're lying.

Getting me to believe I've made a mistake? Well that's another story altogether. Not only am I ill tempered, obstinate and sometimes mean but convincing me I'm wrong can be a real challenge. After all, I've had 2 ex wives and a mother who for my entire life have reminded me, "Billy Jones, you're always right!"

That was supposed to be a joke, get it?

That said, when it finally does sink in I'm man enough to admit it and my comments to Chris Musselwhite yesterday were simply over the line. As a friend of Chris' said in an e-mail to me:

"He threw a firecracker. You dropped a nuclear bomb. 

Trust me. My husband and I have been following your blog since everything broke, checking in multiple times a day but that post made me question that."
 
People who know me probably saw it coming.

I overreacted. I religiously see a therapist every week for the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder that causes many of my over reactions. It's the reason I can't keep a job. The reason I fight so hard for people I don't even know. I'm a lot better now than I once was but Chris didn't deserve a nuclear bomb and if I'm going to do what I do I have to learn when and where to deploy my arsenal. Chris' remarks were not the time to deploy nor was Chris the correct target. My reply to Chris Musselwhite as seen at the bottom of my post Who Is Chris Musselwhite And Why His Opinion Matters was inappropriate and wrong. And it did nothing to further the cause of the UNCG3 and the rest of the Staff and Faculty of UNCG for which Mr Musselwhite and I have both been standing up for.

And for that, you all, including Chris Musselwhite, have my sincerest apology.

I only hope success still awaits you.