Saturday, March 12, 2016

Who Got The South Elm Street Redevelopment Money: Part 3

Last Thursday I posted Who Got The South Elm Street Redevelopment Money: Part 1 in which I asked,


"Will Mr Carruthers tell us who is administering the project and why a 3rd party is necessary?"

when referring to Wednesday's post,  Tom Carruthers Learns How To E-mail. Well I'm still waiting to hear back from Mr Carruthers but in the meantime I mailed the following e-mail to Greensboro Mayor Nancy Barakat Vaughan and all 8 members of the Greensboro City Council via the contact City Council e-mail form on the City's website.

"Dear Madam Mayor and accomplishes,.. er, I mean Council Members,
While I'm waiting to hear back from Mr Carruthers as to the question I posted in Tom Carruthers Learns HowTo E-mail: http://greensboroperformingarts.blogspot.com/2016/03/as-you-know-from-my-stories-union-still.html

"I do have one final question in that I noticed there have been thousands of dollars in administrative costs billed to the project. Is the City of Greensboro paying administrative costs to a 3rd party, who is that 3rd party and why is a 3rd party necessary when City Staff manages $Millions of Dollars every month?"

I'm hoping all of you can very quickly, as in yesterday, if not before, explain to me and my readers how it is possible that the Transaction Report for the South Elm Street Redevelopment Project shows that a total of $542,284.28 paid to Triangle Paving and Grading from the SESRP account despite the fact that no paving and grading has been done there? After all, the Transaction Report shows the City paid DH Griffin and several other companies lots of money to clean the properties up and haul everything away.

And while you at it, please explain to my readers the $21,347.50 payment to the Community Foundation.

Thanks
-Billy Jones"

Here is an screen grab of the automated reply I got from the City:



I think we're beginning to get a much clearer, albeit still very foggy picture of where the money went that was promised to Eric Robert and QUB Studios for his part of the environmental remediation of the South Elm Street Redevelopment Project.

Stay tuned for Who Got The South Elm Street Redevelopment Money: Part 4, this should be a blast!