Thursday, June 2, 2016

Downtown Hilton-Wyndham Communications

My most recent public information request to the City of Greensboro:

"Please send me any and all communications to and from the City of Greensboro, Mayor Nancy Vaughan, the Greensboro City Council, City Staff and Greensboro Legal Department as well as management and legal representatives of Greensboro's Downtown Hilton Hotel concerning the building of the Downtown Wyndham Hotel, The Wyndham Hotel Study, and the passage of the $1.8 Million Dollar Grant by the Greensboro City Council that was to be used for the building of the Downtown Wyndham Hotel.

Use the dates beginning February 4, 2014 to current.

Thanks
-Billy"

 And the proof I sent it:


So we wait for results....

So what am I looking for? Mayor Nancy Barakat Vaughan and the Greensboro City Council know exactly what I'm looking for.


Update: 6:00 PM. Having realized I made a mistake I submitted a follow-up PIRT:

"In my previous PIRT request I wrote:

"Please send me any and all communications to and from the City of Greensboro, Mayor Nancy Vaughan, the Greensboro City Council, City Staff and Greensboro Legal Department as well as management and legal representatives of Greensboro's Downtown Hilton Hotel concerning the building of the Downtown Wyndham Hotel, The Wyndham Hotel Study, and the passage of the $1.8 Million Dollar Grant by the Greensboro City Council that was to be used for the building of the Downtown Wyndham Hotel.

Use the dates beginning February 4, 2014 to current."

That was incorrect. What I meant to write was:

Please send me any and all communications to and from the City of Greensboro, Mayor Nancy Vaughan, the Greensboro City Council, City Staff and Greensboro Legal Department as well as management and legal representatives of Greensboro's Downtown Marriot Hotel concerning the building of the Downtown Wyndham Hotel, The Wyndham Hotel Study, and the passage of the $1.8 Million Dollar Grant by the Greensboro City Council that was to be used for the building of the Downtown Wyndham Hotel.

Use the dates beginning February 4, 2014 to current.

Thanks again
-Billy"
And again as proof:

And so we wait.

Interestingly enough Abner Doon leaves the following comment below:

"It's my understanding the owners of the Marriott will most likely default on its debt before the PAC opens for the benefit of Randall Kaplan, George House etc... "

Hum...

Update: June 8, 2016 I received the following e-mail from Katherine Carter of the City of Greensboro today:



My reply:

"Katherine,
As I'll be using this information in preparation for my 2017 bid to become Mayor of the City of Greensboro, I believe I've more than enough time for the City of Greensboro to prepare this information in a timely manner without the need to modify my PIRT request.

Therefore, please leave the request as is and follow the rules as laid out by North Carolina State Statutes.

But thank you for informing me and my readers of the overwhelmingly vast number of communications concerning this issue.

Thanks again
-Billy Jones"

Wow, 4,000 hits! Somebody must have really stirred up a hornets' nest with that one.


Update 2: June 8, 2016: Looking at the time line above I decided to shorten my request.

"Katherine,
After rereading your e-mail there is one modification you could make. Two years is far too long. Why don't we reduce the time to 6 months beginning February 1, 2014 and moving forward just 6 months.
 
Thanks again
-Billy Jones, Candidate for Mayor of Greensboro, 2017"

Maybe in that way we can avoid Tom Carruthers trying to bury the results in fees like he did with the results from the South Elm Street Redevelopment Project.