Thursday, August 25, 2016

The Secrets Of Northeast Greensboro's Urban Farm Enterprise:: Part 2

Yesterday, in The Secrets Of Northeast Greensboro's Urban Farm Enterprise:: Part 1, I pointed out how the Reverend Gayland Anthony Oliver attempted to use Marty Kotis' name without Mr Kotis' knowledge to secure over $341,000 in State and City funding. What I didn't point out was the long list of scam non profits and companies Mr Oliver runs or has run in the past.

And that's not counting the non profits he ripped-off in Arkansas.

He even got caught stealing from his insurance company which no doubt didn't fare well when he and former Greensboro City Councilman Jim Kee tried to form an insurance company using the name of another North Carolina insurance company. Mr Kee was involved in several scams with Mr Oliver and was, last I heard, serving on the Board of Directors of the Piedmont Triad Water Authority (AKA Randalman Dam) along with former Greensboro City Councilman Tom Phillips.

In Part 1 I told you there were dozens, perhaps as many as a hundred e-mails involving my investigating this story but in the end they all lead back to this single thread of e-mails I'm showing you thus far. And to speed things along I've left out part of this very long thread.

After Marty Kotis informed me he had nothing to do with Gayland Anthony Oliver or Eastern Development Growth Enterprise Inc I forwarded the thread to then Greensboro Police Chief Ken Miller:



No, I wasn't picked for the board, I wasn't considered for the job and neither Ken Miller nor the Greensboro City Council, who were now aware of what Mr Oliver was doing, ever did anything.

Am I just disgruntled because I wasn't chosen? I'm disgruntled but I'm disgruntled because I wanted to see a life long con man put in his place. As long as men like the Reverend Gayland Anthony Oliver are never called out they are free to continue preying on our communities. And as you can see in my e-mail our elected leaders knowingly chose to allow this con man to remain in business.

But it didn't end there. I kept trying to get someone to do something.

On October 30, 2014 I sent the following e-mail to reporter Margaret Moffet of the Greensboro News & Fishwrap. We had just worked together closely on the Heritage House story with me having given her lots of leads and several strong witnesses including homeowners who were literally without homes in which to live. It was my hope the N&R was changing its evil ways.



Did Margaret get my message?



For whatever reason, Margaret dropped the ball.

And the UNCG3 story she was writing about?  We broke that story here at EzGreensboro.com before Margaret ever heard about it. She read it here first. And I helped her with that story as well. And yes, I still have the e-mails to prove it.

Until their names are made common knowledge the criminals will always be safe to walk the streets and steal unchallenged. And those you have elected to office seem to want to keep it that way.

Please continue reading The Secrets Of Northeast Greensboro's Urban Farm Enterprise:: Part 3