Sunday, July 1, 2018

Amy Murphy: Let The Record State

I read Amy Murphy: Which path will we take on homelessness? in the Greensboro News & Record today and a few things struck me as rather strange. One was a quote she attributed to John Lomax. So I submitted the following public information request #8501 to the City of Greensboro just minutes ago:

"In the following article in the Greensboro News & Record, Amy Murphy quotes John Lomax as writing:

“So I started telling them no when they asked for money. That’s when the verbal and sometimes physical intimidation would happen. When my sons were not with me and a panhandler would get aggressive, I would immediately call the police and follow that person until the police arrived. I am guessing I have called the police 40-50 times over the years, but only for the ones who were being abusive."

https://www.greensboro.com/opinion/columns/amy-murphy-which-path-will-we-take-on-homelessness/article_7e605dd0-9fae-59ff-b2aa-4955a53bf701.html

Please send me ALL the records of John Lomax's calls to Greensboro Police concerning abusive panhandlers.

Thank you
-Billy Jones

PS. I've also posted a copy of this PIRT online at: http://greensboroperformingarts.blogspot.com/2018/07/amy-murphy-let-record-state.html I highly recommend you read it and forward the article to the respective departments.


I don't know about you but 40-50 times seems like a lot of calls, perhaps a gross exaggeration. And then there's the part where Mr Lomax is said to have written:

“So I started telling them no when they asked for money. That’s when the verbal and sometimes physical intimidation would happen."

Have any of you seen John Lomax? The man is huge! Not the sort of man that most men would attempt to intimidate.

So the sooner the City of Greensboro clears this up the better off everyone will be.