Tuesday, October 2, 2012

City Blows It Again

I like Nancy Vaughn, I really do. I believe her heart is in the right place. She's one of the good guys gals. But compared to Greensboro's working class, the daughter of the head of the ACC and wife of a State Legislator has led a sheltered life. (Sorry Nancy, I've been on the streets and you haven't.) UPDATE: Nancy corrects me in the comments below. I warned her that the panhandler law was unenforceable and that passing unenforceable laws was tantamount to not having any laws. I argued that laws against panhandlers were laws against symptoms and not against the problems themselves. I even pointed out examples like my lifelong friend and decorated Vietnam veteran, John. But even I didn't see this one coming. Who knew the City of Greensboro was about to be sued-- again?

But then we have Mayor Robbie Perkins saying, “(The letter) is something that is not entirely unanticipated. ”

And one can't help but wonder if Mayor Perkins even gives a damn about rights and the law as long as he gets his way. Greensboro is said to have the 4th largest homeless population and the "solution" is to make panhandling illegal meanwhile Greensboro's elite resort to panhandling $60 Million Dollars of taxpayers' hard earned cash to build themselves a monument that most of Greensboro's working class will never be able to afford tickets to attend.

Surely better solutions can be found.

Impeach Robbie Perkins.