Monday, October 15, 2012

Democracy In Greensboro: Opposing Views

A whole lot of people are wondering just what in the hell is going on with Billy Jones. Here he has taken on the status quo, proclaimed himself the official spokestroll, called the Mayor names, accused some of Greensboro's most well known leaders of embezzlement and kickbacks, pocked holes in every economic development scheme the City and County has pitched since last January, taking sides with George Hartzman, threatened that lowlife Jeff Martin and still has the audacity to try and push his way onto the stage at the Mayor's East Greensboro Summit coming up on October 29, from 6-8 PM at Dudley High School.

A lot of people are refusing to reply to my e-mails as I'm sure that just don't know what to make of my efforts. Well allow me to assure you that all is well with Billy. I am the most optimistic I have ever been and have set out to test the limits of the democratic process here in Greensboro. You see, if those in power here in Greensboro are afraid to give me voice in front of the entire city then what they're hiding is a lot bigger than what I've been finding out.

So what are they scared of? I'm not scared, are you scared?

Why is it that even the politicians that have heard the plan, like the plan and want to try the plan are scared to move the agenda forward? Why is it that even though they want to do the right thing more than anything else in the world they remain scared to do so? Why is it the very people the plan would help the most are the most scared to make it happen? Yes, some have even told me so. Others told me with their eyes.

They didn't have to tell me. I know who and what the monster is that is hiding in the darkness, giving just enough to keep the elected in power but never enough to be free of its terror. And the time has come when the trolls must rise up and tell the monster no more will you rule us for you are few and we are legion.

And if Greensboro cannot survive this little experiment in democracy that I am proposing then Greensboro deserves to die.