Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I Hate Band-Aids

Right now a lot of folks around Greensboro are wondering why I'm going about political reform in the way I am. Why not do it like everyone else does it? The answer is simple really: I hate band-aids. I hate doing the same job twice. I hate fixing something knowing that someday that same problem will come back around.

Take fixing a starter on my car for example. Anybody who is handy with tools can run out to Auto Zone or Advance Auto Parts and buy a starter rebuilt in China, stick it on their car and "fix" their starting problem but in just a year or two, if not less, they're going to be back under that car in the worst weather possible fixing it again. Me, I might be forced to buy that same Chinese rebuild but before it goes bad I will have figured out how to adapt a heavy duty truck starter to my car so I never have to replace the starter again. All my life, when I fix something I make it better than it was when it was brand spanking new.

You see, I know sometimes a band-aid is necessary just to keep moving but a band-aid isn't and has never been a solution even though band-aids are the preferred "solutions" of politicians. Band-aids eventually fall off, become litter and end up costing us money to landfill or get washed out to sea where they poison the world's food supply. So while the politicians set around dreaming of band-aids I'm coming up with real solutions to real world problems right here in Greensboro, North Carolina because I hate doing the same job twice, I hate band-aids, I hate needlessly filling up landfills and I hate poison food.

And if you hate band-aids as much as I hate band-aids then come join us on October 29th 6-8 PM at Dudley High School for The Gathering of the Trolls. Or, just say home and eat your poison food.