Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Jobs Come Local And No One Is To Blame

While Dan Lynch, president of the Greensboro Economic Development Alliance, managed to get himself quoted in the News & Record article, Lenovo to make products close to customers, he wasn't able to take credit for the 115 new manufacturing jobs said to be coming to Guilford County. Fact is, I doubt Dan Lynch can honestly claim having brought a single job to Guilford County but that's another story.

So why does the City of Greensboro pay the Greensboro Economic Development Alliance, which according to the NC Secretary of State, does not exist and according to Federal Tax Records, does not exist. (Sorry, I can't link to IRS records that don't exist.) I mean, if they don't exist and they don't bring us more jobs then why pay them?

Oh wait, I get it! What was I thinking? We pay the Greensboro Economic Development Alliance hundreds of thousands of Dollars a year so Dan Lynch will have a job! How silly of me.

I would link you to the website for the Greensboro Economic Development Alliance but when I tried to go there I got the following message: "The link to this site is disabled because it might download malicious software that can harm your computer." Roch mentioned another prominent local non profit which depends on City funding up to the same dirty tricks a few days ago. I can't help but wonder what else they're up to.

Well, one thing we know for certain is that when Mayor Lies-a-lot Perkins tries to take credit for creating jobs we'll all know what he's referring to.

Join us on Facebook at impeach Robbie Perkins and don't forget to click the link to the top left to show your support.