Friday, October 26, 2012

Marty Kotis Speaks Out

Update: As much as I hate to admit being wrong my representations of Marty Kotis in this and other posts are not factually correct. He turned out to be a much better person with a genuine interest in Greensboro. Begin original post.

Greensboro developer Marty Kotis had some things to say about my post, Say It Ain't So yesterday,

"Billy-

I've invested heavily in East Greensboro and am a native of Greensboro. I spend my days trying to recruit businesses to the region as well as launching businesses and creating jobs. I'd encourage you to spend some time working on similar endeavors rather than bashing people you don't know. A better use of time would be to put together petitions or comment on retailers' social media sites to attract retailers that are needed in the submarket. If you'd like to have a cup of coffee sometime and focus on positive solutions, feel free to give me a call.


This is typical of the comments I get except that Marty actually has the balls to sign his name. Most are simply anonymous cowards. For that I must give Marty credit.

Problem is: as usual, Mr Kotis wrote nothing to address my post, Say It Ain't So, not one word as to what concerned might be true or not, offered no proof that I might be wrong, nothing that would clear up the matter just as Dabney Sanders he fails to take the opportunity given him.

Of course, if Marty had actually spent some time here he'd realize I've spent lots of time "working on similar endeavors." The difference is: I'm doing it without expecting to line my own pockets-- something Marty wouldn't understand when he Offered Complimentary Dinner@ Darryl’s. You see, Marty, I've been at this for quite some time, ask any of Greensboro's bloggers.

See you all Monday night at The Gathering of the Trolls aka, the Mayor's East Greensboro Summit.