Thursday, October 11, 2012

Not So Short And Sweet

My Latest Letter To The Greensboro City Council. I tried to be nice...

On October 29th I plan to make known to the citizens of Greensboro and in particular, the citizens of East Greensboro, an economic recovery plan that can begin in my Northeast Greensboro neighborhood and be repeated in neighborhoods all over Greensboro. Even Irving Park could benefit from my plan.

My plan will improve the economy, slow urban sprawl, reduce blight, house the homeless, feed the hungry, provide jobs and slow if not reduce government spending.

Now I realize that this may seem pie in the sky to you but the fact is the plan is so beautifully simple that all City Council really needs to do is vote yes and get out of the way. (Yes, I know many of you are control freaks and will find that hard to do. Sorry, I couldn't resist one jab.) The fact is: my plan is a model for a new way of taking care of the social needs of a city that lessens the burdens on the taxpayers by empowering the very institutions who take on the rolls of social progress. And in reality, it's nothing that hasn't been already proven to work all over the country it's just not been legislated before. Like everything, there's nothing new under the sun.

I plan on unveiling my plan at the Mayor's East Greensboro Summit. Why there? Because the media will be there, all of Greensboro deserves to hear what I have in mind and there are some on council including the one who didn't get this e-mail, who stand to lose a lot of money should Council vote yes. I strongly fear, if I attempt to advance my plan through the normal channels that this plan will never see the light of day. And seriously, I've lived in East Greensboro longer than ANY of East Greensboro's "leaders" and deserve to be heard.

If you would like to discuss my plan so that you don't get caught with egg on your faces or appear to all of Greensboro to not really care about helping the poor and saving taxpayer dollars then get in touch with me and I'll be happy to discuss my plan with you in private.

And should you think not allowing me to present my plan to the citizens of Greensboro on the 29th is possible: I've already typed up my plan and posted it to over a dozen websites set to post automatically while I'm in attendance at the Mayor's East Greensboro Summit. Greensboro will see it and when Greensboro sees it Greensboro will demand it be done.

I'm handing you the Goose that laid the Golden Egg, don't be stupid and run away with just one shiny egg.

Thank you -Billy Jones

Update: I guess I can assume they got my letter:


Email, CityCouncil citycouncil.Email@greensboro-nc.gov
10:24 AM (5 hours ago)

to me
Thank you for contacting the City of Greensboro City Council.  If you are making a comment or suggestion, please be assured your message will be read and referred to the appropriate representative(s) to assist you. Due to the large volume of email we receive, please understand that you may not receive a reply to your message.  We appreciate your interest in Greensboro!