Friday, December 14, 2012

GPAC Loses Another Financing Option

One of the options tossed about by the Task Force for the downtown Greensboro Performing Arts Center was video sweepstakes gaming. I thought it sounded pretty lame at the time as this kind of gaming preys on the poor and disenfranchised, victimizing those who need money the most. In my book, the idea that GPACers would ever consider such a plan tells you the kind of lowlifes they really are. Gaming should have never been on the table-- especially gaming that preys on the poor.

Well, as luck would have it, today the North Carolina Supreme Court decided to uphold a ban on video gaming. In other words, there still isn't any money to build GPAC.

I buried my son today. That is something I will regret having to do for the rest of my life. But he knew his father as a warrior and if I can help bury GPAC I know Jason will be proud of me just as I am proud of him.

Update: Roch appears to be on the same wavelength.