Thursday, January 31, 2013

My E-Mail To Allen Johnson

Allen,
I saw your post: Poverty: Durham’s worse off?
http://www.news-record.com/blogs/thinkingoutloud/655872-87/poverty-durhams-worse-off

I've written about that very thing several times in the last year on my own blog. None of these leaders in any of the cities that the GPAC Task Force have visited are going to admit publicly that while it might be true that their downtowns have improved with the building of their performing arts centers, in every instance life in their poorer communities has gotten worse. Leaders just don't brag about their failings.

Now why is it I knew these things a year ago and you are just now figuring them out?

-Billy

PS. Yes, it's true, I can't get through a single e-mail without reverting back to an ass.