Sunday, March 31, 2013

My Recent Letter To Local Leaders

"Well it's taken me over a year but I've finally found documented proof of the things I've been saying all along. Proof that not even the City of Greensboro can not deny. The bulldozing of East Market street and the deliberate destruction of Bessemer (what we now call East Greensboro) on behalf of Downtown-- it's there. Three rounds of Downtown renovation at taxpayers' expense in my lifetime with the end result being the need for another round of downtown renovation at taxpayers' expense-- it's there. And to top in off, in the same document provided by none other than the City of Greensboro I found the historical significance for the naming of High Point Road: http://greensboroperformingarts.blogspot.com/2013/03/some-history-lessons-for-greensboro.html

Fifty years is too long. It's time to change the way things are done in Greensboro, who's ready to sit down and talk real change?


 -Billy Jones"


Will Greensboro's leaders sit down and talk about what we need to do to help Greensboro's working class? Or will they  continue to do what they've spent the last 50 years doing?