Friday, May 17, 2013

So Who Are You Donating To When You Donate To Elect Zack Matheny?

I'm not concerned with where Zack's political affiliations are but when I donate to any candidates's political campaign it is my expectation the money I donate be spent getting the candidate I supported elected and not someone else. Am I alone in thinking a campaign contribution should be used for only the campaign I supported?

Well apparently Greensboro City Councilman, Zack Matheny doesn't think contributes to his campaign care where he spends their contributions having used contributors' monies to contribute to the campaigns of candidates his contributors may or may not agree with.

I guess if you're happy with Zack giving your money to Pat McCrory and Jon Hardister then you'll remain happy with giving campaign contributions to Zack Matheny but if by chance you leaned the other way at the State level, or if you'd rather remain in charge of your own campaign contributions just because it is your money... Then you'll probably not want to send any more contributions Zack's way.

Seriously, to me, while it might be legal, it just looks like good old fashioned money laundering.