Saturday, June 15, 2013

Tuesday Night's City Council Agenda

We'll it's nice to see that after having been annexed into the City of Greensboro since 1958, residents on at least one block of Jolson Street (Item 31) are finally being considered for having their street paved for 2 lanes of traffic.  I can see Jolson Street from my house. And you wonder why I think East Greensboro has been getting screwed for the last 50 plus years.

I can't help but wonder what Allen M Oakley of Oakley Capital, LLC. is going to do with that $100,000 forgivable loan or that other $100,000 (Items 28 and 29) but as he doesn't maintain a principal office I'm certain it won't be going towards office expenses, right? My guess is it has something to do with Mr Oakley's dabbling in "commercial brokerage focusing on retail tenant representation and land acquisition," wouldn't you? This looks very much like Mayor Perkins' plan to get the City into the commercial real estate business. They're calling it economic development. Most folks call it crony capitalism.

BNT television wants a  $300,000 loan to produce a sitcom. I'd laugh but it isn't funny.

Council is preparing to screw my neighbors in the Heath Community (Item 24) Good luck, my friends, I hope you fair better than my neighborhood did 2 weeks ago when all 9 City Council members expressed their support with some of the prettiest words I ever heard, then screwed us and you too (it's 1/2 mile) by giving our shopping center away.

All that and more in the coming agenda.

And remember: as mad as you are you must leave your weapons at home. Yes, the security guards will consider a rope a weapon.