Friday, March 7, 2014

Liberty Project, Project Haystack Water And Sewer Price Comparisons Explained

From City of Greensboro Public Information Release # 3209 We begin with a map showing the proposed dual water lines proposed to feed the proposed Liberty site in blue and the sewer line in red. Click on any of the pictures to view full size.


The blue 16" line that flows west to east brings water from the water treatment plant at the Randalman Dam. The blue 16" line that flows north to south brings water from treatment plants in Greensboro. This is said to be necessary for water quality issues. A forced main pumping station for sewer will have to be built at Big Alamance Creek to get the sewage to the waste treatment plant in Mcleansville. The next photo shows the estimated water and sewer costs for the project.




That's the $21 Million Dollar figure quoted by local media outlets. Next we have the map of the proposed Project Haystack on the Guilford/Alamance County lines. The bigger line, booster pump station and the elevated storage tank explains at least part, if not all, of the higher cost per mile, for Project Haystack. Why Greensboro officials couldn't simply have told me that months ago when I first started asking is simply beyond me. I e-mailed them repeatedly asking why Burlington's estimates for water was twice as much per mile as Greensboro's estimates and only discovered the answer when I got my hands on the actual maps I'm showing you now.






You can thank Sarah Healy of the Communications Department of the City of Greensboro for helping me to clear up this matter caused by her previously unresponsive employer, the City of Greensboro. Sarah has, without a doubt, done an excellent job working with impossible bosses and very annoyed customers. Why everything has to be treated as a state secret is simply beyond me.

Oh, and one more thing I'm not quite sure how it fits in the puzzle or who gets to pay for it.





You figure it out.